The DevOps Engineer primary responsibility is to support global CDN operational support for multiple locations and business units. Each team member will collaborate closely among the team itself and within SSE, monitor reliability, provide resilient process improvement, and application support to achieve Global CDN business goals. It is in a Linux environment; critical piece software ran is - Squid and NGINX.
Skills and Qualifications
- BA/BS degree in MIS, Computer Science, Math, Engineering or related field.
- 3+ years’ experience as Systems Administrator or equivalent combination of experience and education with demonstrated success skills in related fields.
- Strong Linux/UNIX operating systems concept, strong automation and back scripting knowledge.
- Expert with OSI model and solid in Layer 4 – 7 circuits.
- Knowledge of reliable, scalable and flexible system support; all DevOps skills are 100% focused on system related activities.
- Experience in monitoring and managing configuration management framework such as Chef, Puppet, CFEngine.
- Exposure in using technologies subject but not limit to Squid, NGNIX, Apache, Puppet, RedHat, Chef, Python, PHP,
- Oracle/MySQL; good Perl/Python/Shell scripting skills and strong capabilities to integrate, automate, monitor and troubleshoot
- Exposures to remote deploy/redeploy mechanisms and integrations.
- Familiar in global networking with the proficiency in optimizing network.
- Continue improvement of current infrastructure and support process based on the needs of stakeholders.
- Overall technical savvy; pre-existing problem shooting, experience tracing global solutions, producing system-level development of tools and scripts.
- Demonstrated ability in working in a small team environment, owning complex projects that are technical in nature and national in scope.
- Served as Systems Administrator or previous systems administration experience including open source software, data center visualization, networking, cloud computing and database systems experience.
- Pre-existing CDN background or engagement in CDN Engineer/CDN Solutions/Implementation of CDN of at least one in technical capacity and understand in its technical sense.
- Strong familiarity with U.S/China or a strong interest/passion for cross-cultural environment.
- Bilingual in English and Mandarin is highly desired.
- Competitive compensation package with full benefits.
- Comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, sick, personal and vacation days.
- This position will provide opportunity for continued training and development of professional and personal skills.
Please apply or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention: Human Resources – (Position applied).
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.