The Director of Technical Operations plays a critical role in ensuring overall customer satisfaction and retention within ChinaCache's strategic accounts. This person will utilize their background in technical consultancy, project management & delivery to design and implement technical strategies that align with our Customers' online strategies. They invest time in understanding ChinaCache, our Customers' industries, business models and technologies to ascertain the best route to long term development and a strong, innovative relationship between ChinaCache and the Customer.
- Leads Solution Engineer and Business Reliability Engineer teams to create a strategy to evaluate the customer's web architecture to deliver and support the appropriate technical solutions and roadmap.
- Leads the development of the technical aspect of customer proposals and ensure that all technical information and recommendations addressing customer requirements are concisely defined for technical & business audiences while meeting and often exceeding ChinaCache qualitative standards.
- Continue the education of customers about the superiority of ChinaCache's services - this includes conference calls, site visits, presentations, technical evaluations & reviews, technical objection handling, proposals, and follow up on all customer related technical issues.
- Utilize strong industry and technical expertise to provide consultancy and strategic development of our customers' online goals.
- Serve as an escalation point for customer service support, both for the customer and ChinaCache.
- Collaborate across various departments to resolve customer concerns.
- Drive excellent customer satisfaction by understanding and over-delivering against Customer expectations.
- Show high standards of leadership - actively developing and mentoring staff within the engineering teams.
- Maintain an active course of self-development in ChinaCache & Industry technical developments, Industry and future trends.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Management Information System or relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 7 years of overall experience in IT industry.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in technical pre-sales/sales engineering, consulting, and/or other customer facing role consulting on, delivering technical products or services.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively present technical and business related subjects to all audiences.
- Ability to make decisions, and a passion for excellence.
- Enthusiastic, action oriented, capable of independently solving complex technical problems and able to communicate clearly and effectively to both technical and business audiences.
- Possess excellent technical aptitude and a desire to learn constantly.
- Experience in Internet technologies, standards and protocols, including DNS, HTTP/HTTPS, Web architecture and design. Knowledge and/or hands on experience of web application development, streaming, site delivery, web analytics and/or security a plus.
- Pre-existing CDN background or engagement in CDN Engineer/CDN Solutions/Implementation of CDN of at least one in technical capacity and understand in its technical sense.
- Strong familiarity with U.S/China or a strong interest/passion for cross-cultural environment.
- Competitive compensation package with full benefits.
- Comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, sick, personal and vacation days.